If you are in an accident
- Get as much information about the other driver as possible.
- Never admit it was your fault that is for your insurance company to determine.
- Take photos of everything, the impact, the other persons rego number, their licence (check the back as well)
- Write down the location, time & date of the accident
- Get the details of any one that may have witnessed the accident.
AAMI has recently bought out a great app called AAMI Claim assist and I’m sure it won’t be long before all insurance companies have a similar app. The idea of the app is that you can record all the details of the accident at the scene and lodge your claim.