The practical driving test in Queensland is held at Queensland Transport offices.
You will need
- to arrive early, at least 10 mintues
- to have completed an application form, which you can download here
- provide evidence of your identity – listed here
- have the use of an acceptable vehicle – it is a good idea to book a driving lesson on the day of your test and ask the instructor if you can use their vehicle for the test
- your current Queensland drivers licence
- to correctly display your L-Plates
The test will take approximately 35 minutes and when you pass you will be issued with a P1 drivers licence which you will have for the next 12 months and you will need to display red P plates on your vehicle.
At the end of the 12 months you will then need to pass a hazards perception test to obtain you P2 driver’s licence which you will have for the next 2 years and you will need to display green P plates on your vehicle
By the age of 22, if you started all this when you were 16 and you didn’t have a break, you will be issued with an Open licence.